[uClibc]Re: uClibc startup initialization on m68k

James Graves jgraves at deltamobile.com
Sat Jan 13 12:31:48 MST 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> My mistake.  I think weak symbols are only supported in elf or aout.
> What does your gcc do when compiling unistd/getopt.c with the __weak__
> attributes (latest cvs)?  If no errors, what kind of assembler output
> does it generate?
>
> I only recently modified the stdio stuff to use weak symbols for the
> initialization code.  This may have to be rethought.

It compiles without complaint, but I'm not sure what that means.
For your amusement, attached is the assember code generated.  I don't
see any indication that it is using weak symbols, but I don't
understand this assembler syntax (nor the m68k architecture) all that
well.

I don't know.  Guess I'll have to dig into the assembler docs...
wherever they are.

James Graves
Delta Mobile Software