[uClibc]trouble with dynamic libuClibc.so (digest)

Bjorn Eriksson mdeans at algonet.se
Wed Feb 28 14:52:12 UTC 2001

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Erik Andersen wrote:

<...>
>I appologize for letting several days slip by before I had a chance to
>investigate this.  So this evening, after I put my kids to sleep I took a few
>minutes to look into this.   I made  boot floppy with just /dev, a few /etc
>entries, busybox dynamically linked vs uClibc, and /lib with shared uClibc in
>it.  And just as you reported, it didn't work
>
>After investigating a bit, I noticed that 'ldd ./busybox' showed that it was
>only linked with uClibc, not with the shared lib loader, so there was no way it
>could have worked.

 Ouch, I think I've seen that before on my own system but didn't have
the time to investigate it further.

 But... how can the busybox binary can be loaded from a shell if it
isn't linked to the shared lib loader? And how is the different from
'init'? (They're both exec*() calls, right?)

//Björnen.