[uClibc]Dynamic loader

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Fri Feb 23 17:44:32 UTC 2001

On Fri Feb 23, 2001 at 12:10:40AM +0100, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently trying to assemble a system with busybox and tinylogin. As I
> had problems with my first dynamically linked busybox I linked it
> statically against uC-libc which just happend to work perfectly. However,
> tinylogin (CVS version) seems to ignore the 'DOSTATIC = true' statement in
> the makefile. Setting it results in a dynamically linked binary! Is this a
> bug or did I make something wrong?

My bad.  I had forgotten to include the code in the Makefile needed to
implement DOSTATIC.  Now fixed.

> What's the correct way of setting up a system with shared libraries? I've
> copied libuClibc.so to /lib, but which dynamic loader (ld.so) should I
> use?

Typically you would just do a "make install" after compiling uClibc (if you use
the default Config or Config.x86 and you are targeting x86, then you don't even
need to touch the Config at all.  Then to compile things, just use the compiler
wrapper built with uClibc, i.e.  extra/gcc-uClibc/gcc-uClibc-i386, which you
can use just like you would gcc (since it is just a nifty wrapper around gcc).

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com