[uClibc]netkit-tiny

Thu Feb 22 08:48:33 UTC 2001

Yes, I get problems resolving host names when linking with uClibc.  I
always get an unknown host in my standard config.

I believe it is to do with UClibc's parsing of /etc/resolv.conf; if I
replace my resolv.conf with one with only a single namserver line, it
works OK.

The appropriate file in uClibc has some debugging code which can be
enabled with a define; this will shed light on your problem.

Also - gethostbyname should straight return a dotted quad passed to it
- the current implimentation doesn't seem to, so ping 192.168.1.1 etc.
fails  with "host not found"

I've been meaning to do some testing and report a bug, or even work on
the code - but you know how thigs are.....

Alex