[uClibc]RE: [BusyBox] Errors Compiling BusyBox: Update

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Mon Feb 19 01:48:13 UTC 2001

On Sun Feb 18, 2001 at 06:32:05PM -0600, Manuel Novoa III wrote:

> I agree... let's get a time machine and track down those responsible!  ;-)
> Seriously, the code in uClibc comes from all over.  I doubt anyone currently
> working on it was around at the beginning.  I only started working with it
> about 3 months ago.

I've been working on it, on and off for about a year now.  It was a lot worse
when I started.  For starters, back then I was the only one working on it,
there was no mailing list or CVS or anything.  The last thing on my mind back
then was simplifying the platform specific asm code needed to initialize
globals.  Back there, there was no platform specific asm!   There was just one
supported architecture -- m68k, several source tree forks, the sysdeps
directory contained a pile of m68k asm code.  It has come a _long_ way since
then...

In fact, I suppose we are far enough along we ought to consider making
a real release some time soon...  After I get ARM fixed, and we get SH
fixed and merged of course,

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com