[uClibc]Re: [uClinux-dev] is m68k uClibc broken?

James Graves jgraves at deltamobile.com
Wed Feb 7 18:23:18 UTC 2001

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, David McCullough wrote:

> This was most likely me. _sdata goes into the linker script and points
> to the "start of data".  The changes I made were to allow PIC and non-PIC
> code to share the same crt0.S.
>
> If you have another symbol that represents the start of data,  use that or
> otherwise add it to your linker script.  Something like:
>
> 	.data : {
> 		_sdata = . ;
> 	}

Well, I added the _sdata reference to all the files in
/opt/uClinux/m68k-pic-coff/lib/ldscripts (I'm using the standard Lineo
distribution off the CD).  However, I still get the "undefined reference
to `_sdata'" error when compiling an application.

I guess I need to look at the stuff on calling conventions, stack
layout, and register usage... hopefully documented somewhere in the
compiler or binutils sources.  I'll also try reading through
linux/fs/binfmt_flat.c again.

> > It looks like we'll also have to add back the cleanup() null function.
>
> I am not sure why you are having problems with this.  I have built the
> latest uClibc against 2.0 and 2.4 kernels without any problems in this area.
> I wouldn't say it's bug free yet but I have quite a number of apps running
> with no problems so far.

Well, one of the issues could be that I'm using 2.0.38.1pre7, not the
latest from CVS.

For now I've just stuck a void _cleanup() routine in my application.
Lame, I know, but I've got other fish to fry.

James Graves
Delta Mobile Software