[uClibc]Re: Help on mips support of uclibc

Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com
Fri Dec 21 16:26:17 UTC 2001

> If someone is currently trying to get uClibc working on mipsel,
> please let me know everything that's not working, and I'll see about

I'm using busybox-60.2 and utils linked with HJ Lu's RH7.x tools
for mipsel, on the good ole VR41xx (Markha/Korva) platform.  I've
tried to use uClibc but got as close as a nice segfault in
busybox...  eh, but the size is about half.

To build the latetest CVS uClibc:

1. in linux/include added a symlink of asm-mipsel to asm-mips.
2. in uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/common/create_module.c &
   uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/common/syscalls.c added:
      #include <asm/unistd.h>
3. in Config (for mipsel) HAS_MMU=false.

Using busybox-60.2 try to eliminate use of signals/setjmp/vfork:

1. in Config.h use LASH (was using ASH) and undef BB_FEATURE_VI_USE_SIGNALS
2. in Makefile used CC=/usr/mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin/mipsel-uclibc-gcc,
   DOSTATIC=true,USE_SYSTEM_PWD_GRP=false
3. in busybox.c I tried adding "pid_t vfork (void) { return fork(); }" as
    popen() in uClibc still called it.

Anyways, got a segfault when I ran busybox... didn't have any
diags or gdb to tell me what went wrong... I'm off 'til the 26th.

Wow, what a nice Xmas present! :-)

Geoff
Geoffrey Espin espin at idiom.com