[uClibc]Switching to uClibc and m68k-elf tools problems

Ilguiz Latypov ilatypov at superbt.com
Wed Aug 22 21:29:03 UTC 2001

Hi Larry,

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Larry Gray wrote:

> However, I cannot compile the userland code.

I had difficulties compiling the non-critical userland applications for
the Coldfire (no MMU) platform.

For the basic Unix utilities I found a better fit with busybox CVS
repository at http://uclibc.org/.  I applied few patches to it
to screen out the fork() use which is not yet fully supported on MMU-less
platforms.  Besides, setjmp()/longjmp() parameters had to be casted
properly.

I have been successful in compiling the out-of-the-box Linux source code
of ext2 utilities and PPP daemon v.2.4.1.  Again, very few changes had to
be applied mostly to the make files.

Ilguiz