[uClibc]Paths

Erik Andersen andersen at lineo.com
Tue Aug 14 18:17:39 UTC 2001

On Tue Aug 14, 2001 at 11:54:26AM +0200, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Somehow the paths for the install targets seem to have changed recently

Over the last few days, I've been completely re-working the way that
installs work, with the goal of making it easier for people to install
and use uClibc.  There have been lingering problems with how this was
working, and so I tried to be pretty careful and pay close attention to
all the twisty ways in which it might be used...

> and I think they are not correct. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I
> understand things the targets do this:
>
> install_dev:     installs development librariy links and headers in
>                  DEVEL_PREFIX, which is somewhere on my development host.

Yup.

> install_runtime: installs libraries and helper apps to DEVEL_PREFIX.

Yup.

> install_target:  installs things which are needed on the target in PREFIX
>                  which is a directory on my development host where the
>                  root filesystem for the target system lives.

Well, the "install_target" target is supposed to install in such as way
that it can be directly used by the target system.  It really should be
installing stuff to $(PREFIX)$(TARGET_PREFIX), but it looks like I
only updated the 'make install' target and forgot to fix 'make install_target'

> Am I missing something?

Just spotting a bug.

Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen at lineo.com