[uClibc]Paths

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Tue Aug 14 09:54:26 UTC 2001

Hi!

Somehow the paths for the install targets seem to have changed recently
and I think they are not correct. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as I
understand things the targets do this:

install_dev:     installs development librariy links and headers in
                 DEVEL_PREFIX, which is somewhere on my development host.
install_runtime: installs libraries and helper apps to DEVEL_PREFIX.
install_target:  installs things which are needed on the target in PREFIX
                 which is a directory on my development host where the
                 root filesystem for the target system lives.

At the moment (current CVS) the first two targets install in
$(PREFIX)$(DEVEL_PREFIX)  and I think the $(PREFIX) is not correct, isn't
it? For example, if I want to install the runtime stuff in
/usr/i386-linux-uclibc (as Config suggests, this has to go in
DEVEL_PREFIX) and the target stuff in /home/robert/embedded/rootfs (which
is PREFIX) the runtime stuff goes to
/home/robert/embedded/rootfs/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/ which is not what I
want.

Am I missing something?

Robert