[uClibc]tgetent

Tom Walsh tom at cyberiansoftware.com
Sun Apr 29 14:06:50 UTC 2001

Hello,

First of all, Eric & company are doing what looks to be a fine job in
getting the uClibc moving along, I can see that there is a lot of work
and progress being made.  But...  I am now in need of tgetent() so I can
get some networking apps running on the 2.4 kernel and it is not yet in
uClibc (is that the name of the new libc?).  The functionality is in the
older libc.

Can I take the trees for getent/ & gtermcap/ and just paste them into
the current uClibc?  Or, are there some structural / strategic concerns
that have to be dealt with in integrating these sources?

Can I just use the old libc from the 2.0.38 sources to build my needed
2.4 kernel system apps with?  What would I need to do to use the old
libc?  Just compile & link them using the new m68k-elf tools?

TIA for any enlightenment.

Regards,

TomW