[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]busybox insmod with uClibc is broken for pcmcia modules

Michael Shmulevich michaels at jungo.com
Thu Apr 26 18:04:25 UTC 2001

Edmund,

Edmund Troche wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> I did the same steps you describe and when I run ldd against busybox, or
> tinylogin, it says "No such file or directory".

Clearly this is exactly the problem I was mentioning in my previous
mail: the ELF
interpreter cannot be found.
This is caused by missing ld-xxx.so.1, and you can check which one
exactly by running

$readelf -a <executablle> | less

and looking for INTERP section, which says which one exactly do you need
and where it
must sit.
Again, this is not very smart to specify the dynamic linker explicitly
unless you
first install it on the target (development)
computer.

> I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
>
> Edmund Troche

Michael.