[BusyBox] Re: [uClibc]busybox insmod with uClibc is broken for pcmcia modules

Edmund Troche edmund at troche.org
Tue Apr 24 14:28:29 UTC 2001

Hi Erik,

I did the same steps you describe and when I run ldd against busybox, or
tinylogin, it says "No such file or directory". Now I realize that this is the
kind of problem you get into when the file does not exist or the path is not
valid, but I've already checked this out. If I try to execute the file and I get
the same thing. Pretty weird. Below is a little transcript of what I'm talking
about. I added the directory where I placed the uClibc-0.95.so into the
/etc/ds.so.conf and ran ldconfig already.  And, yes, it is quite possible the
problem is something very simple I've overlooked.

[root at matrix busybox]# ls -l ./busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       167712 Apr 21 23:10 ./busybox
[root at matrix busybox]# ./busybox
bash: ./busybox: No such file or directory
[root at matrix busybox]# ldd ./busybox
/usr/bin/ldd: ./busybox: No such file or directory
[root at matrix busybox]# file busybox
busybox: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically linked
(uses shared libs), stripped

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Edmund Troche