[uClibc]busybox insmod with uClibc is broken for pcmcia modules

Richard A. Smith rsmith at bitworks.com
Tue Apr 24 06:00:04 UTC 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:41:26 -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:

>I just rebuilt and reinstalled uClibc.  Then I adjusted the busybox Makefile to
>use the uClibc compiler wrapper.  Then I adjusted Config.h to enable insmod and
>rmmod.  I compiled thigs and tried it on my laptop Linux  2.4.3-ac12, and
>everything worked just fine...  I'm not sure what to tell you,

Hmmm... Perhaps its something with my initrd that I built... my
uClibC is only a few days old.. I know you did a lot of work with the
shared stuff but I am using static linking.

Ok.. I will try it on another system thats a more standard system and
see what happens.. Perhaps I am missing something I need...

What would be the big differences between a static glib C build and
uClibc build for insmod? Perhaps that might give me a clue.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
rsmith at bitworks.com               501.846.5777