[uClibc]How to generate a cross compiler gcc-uClibc for ARM ?

EL-HOIYDI Amre amre.el-hoiydi at csem.ch
Wed Apr 18 16:10:06 UTC 2001

Dear all,

I am trying to setup a development environment for ARM7TDMI on an
AT91EB40 board.
The kernel compiles and boots fine, even the shell. The compilation of
uC-Libc seems ok as well.

My problem is to setup a compiler that can compile applications using
uClibc.

Could someone indicate to me how to do this ?

How to use the files egcs.tar.gz and arm-uc-libc.tar.gz that are at
http://www.uClinux.org/pub/uClinux/ports/arm7tdmi/ ?
Do I need newlib.tar.gz, even If I ultimately want to use only uClibc ?

Or, how to use the files that are at
http://www.uClinux.org/pub/uClinux/arm-tools
(The file gcc-2.95.2.diff.tar.gz seems damaged !?...)

I know that a method is available at
http://aplionet.aplio.fr/uclinux/uclinux-arm.htm, but I wasn't
successful with it.

Thanks for your help,