[uClibc]mkreiserfs, busybox, uClibc success

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 20 21:16:10 UTC 2000

For those interested, I just wanted to report that I've successfully linked in
mkreiserfs with busybox (everything except getopt and NFS since I'm using
uClibc). The only symbol clash occurred in mkswap.c with the funciton 'die'.
Changing it to static was all that was required.  To reduce the size further,
there are three 1k static buffers in reiserfs/utils/lib/misc.c which can be
converted to stack-allocated. Size increase to busybox was approximately 20k.
The listing below is for a stripped static uClibc version of busybox.

-rwxrwxr-x    1 mjn3     mjn3       301644 Dec 18 16:27 busybox-dist
-rwxrwxr-x    1 mjn3     mjn3       321968 Dec 20 10:24 busybox-reiser
-rwxrwxr-x    1 mjn3     mjn3       306172 Dec 20 10:31 busybox-reiser-no-minix

Manuel