[uClibc]reply plus update - additional patch

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 19 03:07:26 UTC 2000

Erik,

> First of all -- I do have to appologize for not getting you timely feedback
> thus far.  I have been burried up to my eyeballs in a project, and I've been
> neglecting a lot of stuff recently.  Work gets that way sometimes.

Understandable.  Especially at this time of year.  I'll be doing very little
work on this stuff next week.

> I know that the Linux Standard Base has a test suite that is
> supposed to test such things.
>     http://www.linuxbase.org/test/

Thanks.  I'll check into it.

> > Compile _fxstat.c, _lxstat.c, and _xstat.c with -fno-inline.
> >    When I build with optimization turned on, these would
> >    "infinitely inline" for lack of a better term.  Has anyone
> >    else had this problem?
>
> What gcc version are you using?  I didn't see that here.
> Debian potato box with gcc 2.95.2.

Stock RedHat 6.2.  It only occurred when I turned on optimization for uClibc.
When running busybox 0.47 I did an 'ls' and it blew the stack (according to
gdb).

> >  * The previous vfprintf routine was almost completely rewritten with the
> >  * goal of fixing some shortcomings and reducing object size.
>
> Hmm.  Sounds good.  I'll try to review these and get you some feedback as
> quickly as I can.

Well, the printf stuff still needs some polishing.  I posted it just to let
people know it was being worked on.

While you're checking this stuff out, there's another patch below.
1) Updated include/sys/mount.h.
2) Added string to (unsigned) long long routines.
3) Fixed strto_l to use mod (%).  I got the numbers swapped.  % is smaller.

With these changes, and throwing in the getopt and getopt-long from libc-5.3.12
I was able to build the reiserfs utils for their latest kernel 2.2 patch.
Stripped bin listing:
-rwxrwxr-x    1 mjn3     mjn3        51492 Dec 18 15:21 dumpreiserfs
-rwxrwxr-x    1 mjn3     mjn3        35876 Dec 18 15:21 mkreiserfs
-rwxrwxr-x    1 mjn3     mjn3       149448 Dec 18 15:21 reiserfsck
-rwxrwxr-x    1 mjn3     mjn3        40316 Dec 18 15:21 resize_reiserfs
I haven't tried running them yet though...
Incidently, the code for mkreiserfs (-uClibc) is only about 10k.  This could be
a candidate for busybox inclusion.

Manuel