[uClibc]here's a new version of strtod

Manuel Novoa III mnovoa3 at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 12 18:28:01 UTC 2000

> This is pretty slick.  I like it.  :-)

Thanks.  :-)

> > Also, should these kinds of build options be moved to features.h?
> > Or perhaps something like _uClibc.h which is included by features?
>
> So far I have been puttig such things into "Config" in the toplevel directory.
> Clearly though, using a "Config.h" would be a good thing for certain types of
> options (otherwise the command lines when compiling will get to be 3000 chars
> long filled with -DRESTRICT_EXP -DRESTRICT_DIGITS -DLOG_SCALING type stuff)...
>
> Any thoughts on a clean way to do this?

I was thinking of having something like a _uClibc.h file where different
build-time features were selected; ie move all the option defines out of strtod
to this file, as well as the opton overrides for errno support.  That include
file would be edited to select what kind of uClibc you wanted built.  It would
then also be available for programs to dynamically check what the library
provides.

How does that sound?