Defining AT_BASE_PLATFORM (24) in the elf.h

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 21:35:26 UTC 2013

2013/8/9 Carmelo Amoroso <carmelo73 at gmail.com>:
> Il 08 agosto 2013 23:08:41 Rafał Miłecki <zajec5 at gmail.com> hai scritto:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I recently noticed I can't compile oprofile tool when using uClibc
>> instead of the glibc. The problem is uClibc doesn't have
>> AT_BASE_PLATFORM defined in the elf.h
>>

> Hum... Why should oprofile use this macro ?

It seems they need it for "architected events for IBM ppc64
architecture". I'm really not a oprofile expert, just an end-user, so
can't explain it further.
You can grab oprofile source at git://git.code.sf.net/p/oprofile/oprofile
I'm also attaching patch where they added AT_BASE_PLATFORM usage, you
may want to take a look at it.

--
Rafał