Using miniconfig with uClibc.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Mar 19 12:13:09 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 March 2007 5:32 pm, Christian MICHON wrote:
> On 3/17/07, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > If you have a full .config and you want to shrink it down to a miniconfig,
use
> > the attached shell script ala:
> >
> >   ./miniconfig.sh myconfig
> >

> woot!
>
> I was looking friday at your miniconfig on linux kernel itself. I'll
> try this soon
> and since I'm looking at uclibc recent dev as well, I might make the full
> jump.

Note that the current kconfig stuff needs a patch before it'll even warn you
that it couldn't find the file pointed to by KCONFIG_ALLSYMS (which bit me
over the weekend).  The "make miniconfig" target should definitely be more
rigorous about error checking then the "make allnoconfig" target.  I offered
a patch to do this, but they didn't want it without the a write-side patch
done in C.

> do you have something equivalent for busybox ?

Yup.  Haven't tested it yet, but all the bits are there in toybox.

Rob
--
Vista: Windows Millenium Second Edition