kdebase and uclibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 26 01:10:46 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 19:51, Robert Connolly wrote:

> > > I think that's all it does.
> >
> > In that case your patch is massive overkill.
>
> For uClibc, it's overkill. But I submitted the patch to kde-devel, and they
> support more than Linux. For them it's not overkill, but they may have
> issues with the license. Hopefully they will figure something out for
> future releases.

Ah, got it.  I thought you were proposing adding this to uClibc, but you said
it's part of coreutils...?

What libraries is coreutils installing?

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/coreutils.html#contents-coreutils

Doesn't mention libraries...

And why does using uClibc instead of glibc affect what libraries are installed
by coreutils...?

I'm confused.

Rob