BuildRoot/GCC3.4.4/Ada Support

Thompson Harmon [US], Stanley W. Stanley.Harmon at sperry.ngc.com
Thu Oct 20 12:43:54 UTC 2005

Adam,

   I am using Ada with buildroot and it works great!  To make it work I
set the "--- Gcc Options" under the "Toolchain Options --->" to the
following:

    GCC Compiler Version (gcc 4.0.0) -->
[ ] Enable setjmp/longjmp exceptions?
(--enable-languages=ada) Additional gcc options
[ ] Build/install c++ compiler and libstdc++?
[ ] Build/install Objective-C compiler and runtime?

Please note that the backspace/delete keys may not function when
attempting to add the "Additional gcc options" text.  If this is a
problem for you too, you can edit the ".config" file for buildroot, find
the "BR2_EXTRA_GCC_CONFIG_OPTIONS", and then set it manually to the
following:

BR2_EXTRA_GCC_CONFIG_OPTIONS="--enable-languages=ada"

Not only does this give me all of the gnatmake, gnatbind, gnatlink, ...
etc. tools, but I can also use gdbserver for remote debugging Ada
applications.

I hope this helps,
Stan