Statically lonked executables and buildroot

Scott Mollica scott at exit-109.com
Thu Oct 20 03:30:36 UTC 2005

Hi, I've been shopping for a light-weight linux distro
to use on a Soekris net4801.  buildroot is very
appealing however the source for application I need
(Ixia Chariot) is not available but I believe a
statically linked version is available.

I'm wondering if a statically-linked executable can be
dropped into the buildroot filesystem after it is
built?

I'd like to place my filesystem in the initrd and not
pivot to disk which is Compact Flash.  Put another
way, I'd like to mount my CF drive as read-only and
run my buildroot filesystem from the initrd and I'm
wondering if this is easily done using buildroot?

I'm very new to uclibc and this is my first post to
this mailing list so please forgive me for the newbie
question. Thanks, Scott