Dear buildroot list.

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sun Oct 16 05:32:34 UTC 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 04:02 pm, Rob Landley wrote:
> Sorry to ask a uClibc question on the buildroot list, but I don't know
> where else to go.

uClibc list is the place to go for buildroot atm ;)

> Unfortunately, gcc 4.0 contains a package "libmudflap" which is A) evil, B)
> totally undocumented.  Even google can't tell me what this thing does or
> whether I actually need it.  All I know is it breaks the build.

here's a pdf i found a while back:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~vapier/mudflap.pdf

in theory it's actually a pretty good idea ... even better in that it'd be
part of the official gnu toolchain

either way, buildroot should have it disabled for uclibc targets ...

> So I install uClibc (0.9.27, I still need to upgrade busybox tar to
> understand the "--exclude" option before 0.9.28's headers will install),
> re-run the thing, and now it's complaining it can't find dl_iterate_phdr:
>
> /home/landley/newbuild/firmware-build/tools/sources/gcc-build/gcc/libgcc_s.
>so: undefined reference to `dl_iterate_phdr'

weird ... when do you hit this error ? during the gcc stage1, gcc stage2, or
the cross-compiled native compiler ?

> Why was it removed from uClibc? This is not something upgrading to 0.9.28 is
> likely to fix because according to subversion the symbol is still missing.
> Should I just try to chop it out of the source code?

it's in 0.9.27 and 0.9.28 so it really wasnt removed
-mike