Last steps towards a functional toolchain

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sat Oct 8 20:48:44 UTC 2005

Hi!

I've nos successfully compiled some small hand-written C programs
(with faked headers: I declared used functions locally with half-way
correct prototypes...) using my re-done VAX port.

I can compile these mini-programs with -c to object files, and link
this by hand to a functional cross-compiled program.

The next two steps would be to

 o Install uClibc's header files
	How is this done?
 o Recompile gcc to use these headers and (even more important) to
   generate a correct linker call for the -static case. (For now, I've
   not hacked the dynamically linked path because I first wanted to
   get the compile-time linker to work.)

It would be nice if you could give me a hint for these, especially the
2nd task...

Thanks, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw at lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O