Cross Compiling packages...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Sat Oct 1 21:49:27 UTC 2005

Hello I've been slowly but steadily adding packages to buildroot so I
can build everything I need for my devices in one place, with
reproducible results. So far it has been great, not a huge learning
curve, and quite flexible. I have however run into a problem I'm much
less familiar with. Some of the packages I want buildroot to compile
aren't setup for cross compiling (for instance mysql). I need to learn
how to get around that. I see that I can have the toolchain in the root
filesystem, so I could chroot into it (building on a x86_64 for a Via
C3/Eden), and from within the staging dir or something configure and
make the package, or figure out what typically needs to happen to enable
cross compiling in a configure script. I'm hoping those on this list
will be able to point me in the right direction... I'd rather not have
the toolchain on the root filesystem in the end, as it will have limited
storage. Where do I go? Or what should I do?

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions, Inc