problems with /dev/console and "job control"

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 26 21:14:03 UTC 2010

On Saturday 26 June 2010 19:22, Christian Ruppert wrote:
> On 06/26/2010 06:35 PM, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> >> Not really because how can I run the shell in a real console there?
> >> I have no ttySX at all and other console= values doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > So you do not know what is your tty?
> I do.. I'll rephrase it:
> I don't have a serial cable connected or anything else so I can't test
> different console= parameter.

No one said that you need to.

http://busybox.net/FAQ.html#job_control says:

"Your should run your shell on a normal tty such as tty1 or ttyS0 and everything
will work perfectly".

It does not say "set your console= kernel parameter to tty1 or ttyS0".

Please try running "sh </dev/tty1 >/dev/tty1 2>/dev/tty1"

--
vda