problems with /dev/console and "job control"

Christian Ruppert idl0r at qasl.de
Sat Jun 26 17:22:19 UTC 2010

On 06/26/2010 06:35 PM, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Saturday 26 June 2010 17:02, Christian Ruppert wrote:

>>> Does this answer your question?
>>>
>>> http://busybox.net/FAQ.html#job_control
>>
>> Not really because how can I run the shell in a real console there?
>> I have no ttySX at all and other console= values doesn't seem to work.
>
> So you do not know what is your tty?
I do.. I'll rephrase it:
I don't have a serial cable connected or anything else so I can't test
different console= parameter.

# dmesg|grep console
console [tty0] enabled

But still "no job control"

> Please post complete dmesg output, and ls -l /dev/*tty*
See attached dmesg.
from tty -> tty63 everything crw-rw---- root:root
ttyS devices also exists but they're not available.

--
Regards,
Christian Ruppert