FYI: status of the Hurd and FreeBSD ports

Jérémie Koenig jk at jk.fr.eu.org
Sat Jun 12 21:40:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

I just wanted to mention that I have been continuing my work on
BusyBox for Hurd. In order to kill two birds with one stone I have
also integrated the patches used by Debian GNU/kFreeBSD for their
debian-installer port.

The code is available on github[1] and there's more information in my
post to debian-bsd[2]. I have used the PLATFORM_LINUX approach which
was suggested here in the context of the mingw32 port.

I have not merged the most recent changes in my repository yet (most
notably to the build system), and I still have work to do on mount and
swaponoff. So I'm not requesting for them to be reviewed or merged
yet, though of course any kind of input would be welcome nonetheless.

[1] http://github.com/jeremie-koenig/busybox-osports/commits/osports
(list of commits)
    git://github.com/jeremie-koenig/busybox-osports.git (git repository)
    The 'osports' branch is what you would probably want to look at
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2010/05/msg00048.html
    The thread continues here:
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2010/06/msg00000.html
--